To broaden participation at the 2nd Australasian FASD Conference a limited number of Travel Grants will be awarded to subsidise the cost of conference attendance. Recipients of the travel subsidies must be prepared to attend the full 2 days of the conference, be available to meet the sponsor and have photos taken for later inclusion in media and promotion by both FASD Research Australia Centre of Research Excellence and the sponsor, and provide feedback to the Organising Committee following the conference.
Travel Grants can only be used to cover registration, travel and accommodation costs for the FASD 2018 Conference. The amount of the travel grant will be determined by the applicant’s place of residence (information available on the application form).
Grants are not open to Commonwealth, State or Territory Government employees.
Please click ‘Apply Here’ below the applicable Travel Grant and complete all details required. Once completed please return via email with pdf/scanned document/photograph attached to FASDAustralia@telethonkids.org.au by 5pm AEST 31st July 2018. Applicants will be notified by 3rd August 2018.
There are three types of travel grants available:
Indigenous Travel Grants
- Indigenous people of Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand, or
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person as a nominated representative of an Aboriginal Controlled Health Organisation or Not-for-profit Aboriginal service provider, or
- Indigenous people living with or suspected of having FASD, or
- Indigenous parent/kinship carer of child diagnosed or suspected of having FASD
- Australian and New Zealand residents
- A person aged 18+ diagnosed or suspected of having FASD
- Person currently caring for a person/people diagnosed with or suspected of having FASD
- Foster carer who is registered to care for children with or suspected of having FASD through Child Protection or a Foster Care Organisation
- Currently or have been enrolled in an Australian or New Zealand University in 2018
- Enrolled full or part-time at Masters or PhD Level
- Not in receipt of another travel grant to attend this conference
- Have the support of their Supervisor